View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 06:32 AM   #159
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Ever research how many MILLIONS of people die from your "safer" medicine? I'd encourage you to do this before making a blanket, generalized statement like this. Imo, this can be a very dangerous opinion to ascribe to if you really believe this.

EXACTLY. Any of us who've spent 2 minutes working in the medical field have a responsibility to be honest about just how many people die and/or have severe side effects from these "safe, scientifically tested" meds every single solitary day. Let's not pretend that the FDA isn't a colossal mess, as it has been for decades, that is actually run by former drug company executives!!! If that's not a racket - a serious conflict of interest entity - then I don't know what is. "Scientifically tested" and "approved by the FDA" does NOT = just plain safe. It means it's safe for a majority and that's an important distinction to those in the minority who either die from the drug or have severe / debilitating side effects.
I couldn't agree more on this. Whenever I hear the FDA approved of a medical product, it means nothing to me. The ties between the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry runs very deep, and the corruption is real and scary between the two. All anyone has to do is a search to see just how bad this has become. The Food and Drug Administration receives more than half of its funding from the drug companies, whose very products it is assessing and approving, this makes for a huge conflict of interest. The FDA also hires former drug company employees and vice versa, this is another conflict of interest when these people have a stock options in the very company they are supposed to police.

We have a false sense of security that drugs go under rigorous testing and are scrutinized for safety before being approved but this couldn't be farther from the truth. Just take a look and some of the drugs removed from the market in the past 10-15 years, were they not tested and approved? The deaths and injuries connected to dangerous drugs that never should have been approved typically go unreported so the public never really knows the frequency this is happening.

This is a quote from a person who worked in the industry.....

According to Marcia Angell, former editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM): 3 “Any reputable journal is at the mercy of what is submitted to it and must choose from whatever comes over the transom. Many studies never see the light of day because their findings are negative. There is a heavy bias toward positive studies, and this negative bias is a real problem. A company may conduct 1,000 trials; if two are positive, they get FDA approval and are published. The other 998 never see the light of day. In fact, half of all study data is never published.”

When our own medical system is listed in the top three causes of deaths in the US there is a huge problem. Recently, there was a study done evaluating the health care system in eleven countries, including the US. The US health care system scored at the bottom in some of the categories. We don't have the best medical system in the world, ours is broken and we are at it's mercy.

There's also the issue of deaths caused by properly prescribed and properly administered drugs, which accounts for 106,000 every year. Personally, I believe this number is actually higher than this because not every death is recorded as such. If this number of deaths were attached to supplements there would be such outrage and a call for tougher regulations, but since it's pharmaceuticals it's chalked up the risk vs benefit equation, even though these deaths weren't supposed to happen.

Many aren't even aware that the pharmaceutical companies have gotten so greedy they are now outsourcing the manufacturing of the drugs we are consuming. Over 80% of them are now being made in China and India. The FDA is not able to inspect these factories, they just don't have the funding to send inspectors out of the country to oversee the quality control standards in these factories, so we are all at risk when consuming these drugs. Some people won't buy a household product made in China or buy a jerky treat for our pets, but we will trust the drugs without question. Some of the questions I'm concerned with are are they putting in the active ingredient? Are they putting in the correct dosage of the active ingredient? Are they putting is toxic fillers?..... Who knows since no one is watching or checking.
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!