View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 04:51 AM   #155
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Until they start to test them to the extent as regular medicine and list the warnings and stuff regular medicine will be safer. It's not a closed minded thing. And really all this has nothing to do with a test that has no science to back it up or even syliva testing having no science to back it up. I guess talking about holistic mecdicine brought this up. Even if that herbs and such work it dosent make this test work.
Ever research how many MILLIONS of people die from your "safer" medicine? I'd encourage you to do this before making a blanket, generalized statement like this. Imo, this can be a very dangerous opinion to ascribe to if you really believe this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I definitely hear what you're saying, but I don't believe conventional medicine is always safer. Some medication is very toxic, and there may be some herbal medications that are safer. Chinese medicine has been around for a very long time. That doesn't necessarily make it safe, but it doesn't mean they are necessarily not safe. The same is true about conventional medicine. I have to take conventional medications, but there are side effects to all medications.

I used to be skeptical, but I've seen Chinese medication work. That does not mean that I don't use conventional medication for Katie and me. I would definitely have to know something about who was making them, just like I want to know about the company who makes vitamins I take.
EXACTLY. Any of us who've spent 2 minutes working in the medical field have a responsibility to be honest about just how many people die and/or have severe side effects from these "safe, scientifically tested" meds every single solitary day. Let's not pretend that the FDA isn't a colossal mess, as it has been for decades, that is actually run by former drug company executives!!! If that's not a racket - a serious conflict of interest entity - then I don't know what is. "Scientifically tested" and "approved by the FDA" does NOT = just plain safe. It means it's safe for a majority and that's an important distinction to those in the minority who either die from the drug or have severe / debilitating side effects.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!