View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 04:36 PM   #2
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janicebuf View Post
Hi All,

I need help and praying someone out there can give words of wisdom. Last week we lost our (almost) 13 year old Maltese due to a sudden illness Our 11 yr old Yorkie 'Trixie' has a couple things going on; she is very sad and hardly eats because of the loss, (if I hand feed her, she will eat). She has Luxating Patellar and I believe it is now at Stage 3, but will confirm stage at vet this week. She is having a really difficult time walking and can't go up the stairs at all. I noticed she has been panting more and more, even at rest. Not a constant pant but 'spurts' of panting. The vet put her on metacam a month ago for 7 days and I just got it refilled hoping it will ease her symptoms, plus I started her on Arthramine a few days ago. Finally, she went in respiratory distress about 2 months ago due to being excited! We found out she has collapsing trachea and can't get too worked up. When it happened we almost lost her and the 'final' last ditch effort was to put her on a ventilator. Thank goodness it worked.

Can any members give me advice as to what to do with any of these issues? I am sick she is going thru so many things. I take her where I can and don't leave her for long when I can't. She has always panted when she gets nervous, especially when I take her somewhere, and she seems to enjoy going with me, yet wondering if it's from pain or something else? The inability to walk for any length has me most upset at this point
Any response would be so greatly appreciated!!!
With a CT any surgery is very dangerous. Please, take her to an orthopedic Vet. who has more experience and can do the necessary test to determine if surgery is necessary or possible for her. I've had two operated on for LP. One was operated on by a regular Vet. and he did not do the job right and she had to have surgery again, but the second time I went to the orthopedic Vet. The other girl also had CT. Surgery went well for her but she did eventually die last May at age 10.
I hope it all works out well for your little one
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!