View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #15
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglewomyn View Post
I received Duncan in December when he was 8 weeks old. Our older dog, who is almost 13, didn't want to play with him or have much to do with him. We didn't want him to be lonely or not have a playmate so in February, I got another yorkie, a female. The two of them are best friends. They play, eat and sleep together.

Funnily enough, our older dog, a female dachshund, took immediately to the female yorkie also. She also got along famously with the Dalmatian we had (who died last June) and they were like mother and daughter. I don't know if it was just because she had never been around a male dog or not that she didn't take to Duncan.

Good luck with your search for another yorkie. I am sure you will have lots of fun with your expanded household.
Crystal seems to like some small breeds and not others, she definitely gets on well with other Yorks and just wants to play. I love having our friend's dog here, they both tear around and the looks and tail wagging are hilarious. It also wears them out so they sleep well.
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!