View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I spent soooooooo much money on solar landscaping lighting.....such a waste of money for me! I probably went thru at least 5 sets of different style of lights....I was wanting a specific "look"....I wanted my shrubs to be lit with descrete light fixtures...like they were glowing....with the solar sets, the lights were just stuck out there and when I drove up to my home at night, my beds were outlined with a dot of light and I never did get the bushes adequately lit up.

I finally gave up and hired a landscaper to put lights in...they are very pretty and they uplight my shrups and my trees....cant see the light fixture, just the light they throw up into my shrubs.....very expensive, but very, very pleased with the way it turned out....just the "look" I was wanting.....kind of how they light up model homes with their flower beds....

I look across the cul-d-sac at a neighbors solar lighting....and it is exactly what I had that I was not wanting....at night, you can count 36 little solar fixtures across the front of their flower bed....does NOT light the shrubs or tree up....and these fixtures only stay lit well for about 6 hours....???!!!

I DO have little butterfly and hummingbird solar lights on sticks that go into my flower pots....they have lasted a long time, but the "coach lights" I mounted on the fence down the drive way did not do well at all.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 04-20-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!