View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #6
Zoey Zendaya
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MybunDleOfJoy View Post
I have been training max a lot constantly repeating sessions with him and mia in the same room , and indeed he has learned something because he listens spontaneously during the sessions. however, my worry mostly is mia, because shes not playing the dominance role here. She more like defenseless, when he runs after her is growling and barking at her trying to bite her and there has been a few times where mia yelps that's when I notice he bit her. I would love it if mia actually confronts back but she doesn't she just barks at her when shes over exited/dehydrated from running away from him. If mia would play the dominance role, she would be able to teach him that biting isn't right. what do I do in this case?
Hmmm just make sure sure Max doesn't overwhelm her. What are their sizes?
Give Mia breaks away from when he has hips play in overdrive.she needs a safe place to run to get away from him....I would think Mia would be more protective of her domain. I know Zoey is. She will be 2 in May and
Izzy just turned 5 months......and is already almost the same size as Zoeyand can be a bit overbearing in play but if Zoey isn't in the mood she will "tell her" and give out a snarl and snap.....the little one then backs off. Sometimes Zoey displays a little too much dominance over her human territory. Then we have to step in and correct her encouraging the little one that there IS room on the lounge chair for two....I would moniter their time together and don't let the new one bully in ....I would be afraid of retaliation from Mia eventually..plus max has to learn to share too. Also sounds like Mia might be frightened of him too...just be sure to make her feel safe...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!