View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 04:25 AM   #1
gamko
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question I desperatly need some advice/help

Firstly, I would like to say how I appreciate websites like this, that provides a good community, advice and friendship with animal lovers such as mydelf.

My name is Stuart , I'm 24 and live in a town full of rednecks, methheads, with only it's scenery being only palatable. My fire ball of a terrior critter is named wishbone and she is at the ripe old age of 15 with a lot of spunk in her trunk.

The main reason I decided to join is due to the predicament me and my dog is in. 4 months ago I got into a terrible accident which left me with a broken shin bone(was protruding out of my leg), a broken shoulder blade, ruptured tendon in my thumb(I have 3 different surgeries) and no vehicle as well as being jobless for the time being. Then, my dad had to have a tripple bypass a week after I was released to go home, which is more stress, money and turmoil on my family's plate. My mom is the only one who works now, as well as being me and my dads care taker for the past grueling 3 months.

Now, My dog has had mammary tumors for awhile, probably 2 years, and it has never affected her, she is still her normal self, no personality changes, still eats and goes to the door when she needs to use the restroom. So, about 3 weeks to a month ago one of them bursted(I think she nipped it as she was grooming her self). So it was a little over a week before I was able to take her to get her looked at, I would of don't it sooner but my mom worked everyday.

When I took her to the vet, got her blood work done and evaluated, the visit costed 300$. She said my dogs blood work turned out great and that she would make a great candidate for surgery, at the cost of 1700$ dollars when everything is over with. She also exclaimed that the surgery is going to be hard and that it might take her a little while to recover due to her being 15.

Now, I'm jobless with little and dwindling savings, I dont have a car and I can't fix my dog because I don't have the money, and no vet provides freebies. She is old as well, which has me worried beyond belief if I were to go with the operation. I don't want to add more stress on my mom, more so than what she is already going threw. I've already tried starting a fund raiser at gofundme.com , but only one person has donated(50)... I'm freaking out because I'm clueless as to what to do or how to fix her, all I can do is clean and bandage her... I think the reason I have little help with the campaign, is because social media, people and the internet, no one wants to help due to them thinking it's fraudulent, or a scam.

I know this may appear selfish, but I want her fixed, I want her to be normal and not in pain, and I tried hard with many avenues to try to get enough funding or someone to help her out... I hate asking people for things, or favors, it makes me feel awkward and ashamed, but I can't help the dilemma and predicament I am in...so please any help will be most appreciated. I will be happy with any and all help.

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 04-19-2015 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Removed link
gamko is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!