View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #1
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

Default 2 puppies at once

Just looking for advice.

When we bring home the 2 puppies (brother and sister) we will have an area set up for them in our hallway. I have 2 crates so they will each have their own. If they share a crate can I remove one and then just use them for when I take them places separately?

Should I separate them regularly? I know my daughter will take hers down to her room quite a bit and so she could have one of the crates in there for her. That will give me alone time with my puppy as well.

The 2 crates will take up a bit of the space they have so one crate would be better. Since they will confined by the exercise pen I am hoping they will have free run of that area and then will only be crated when I am training them to be in their crates and when we go places. I want them to be able to sleep in there and use the bathroom (pee pads) at night so I don't plan to lock them in crates at night.

They will be in this area at night and when I can not be watching them closely during the day so it won't be all the time. I just want them to have room to play too. It is a 5 foot by almost 5 foot area they will have, but if that is too much at first I can make it smaller and then give them more room of it if they are just peeing and pooping all over instead of using pee pads.

I have never had 2 puppies at the same time before. This will be a new and hopefully fun experience!

I am planning to get the male puppy fixed right at 6 months or when the vet says I can. I want to get the female fixed closer to her first birthday. I do not want any unplanned sibling pregnancies with them. I do feel that letting the girl mature just a little more is a good thing though. I don't think the surgery is as hard on the male as it is on her and if she is a little bit older I think it would be better for her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!