View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 03:50 AM   #28
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1975 View Post
It feels really awkward being alone here defending Yorkshire Terriers.
I feel alone in a "Yorkshire Terrier" forum with thousands of members.

This is really sad and makes me wonder what the future of this breed will be...

You're not alone.

Here is an excerpt from the woman from whom I obtained Teddy, she just wrote me today:

"Hello, Thank you so much for this information on Teddy’s progress; I am grateful for your kind words, this has been 30+ years of careful breeding for temperament as well as looks. I live near Wales where there are puppy farms churning out loads of big Yorkies with long noses, droopy ears and light coloured coats so most of his ancestors have won in the Ring; I will not export my dogs for a lot of money just knowingly produce loving pets for people to enjoy. I was born in Yorkshire and just adore the correct type which I remember as being on the Streets all those years ago."

It is important to me, as a pet owner, to see that breeders and the show ring alike, conform to the historical standards of the YT.

As far as parti-YT, I do agree that they shouldn't be considered as anything other than a Yorkie because, based on genetics, this just doesn't make any sense. However, maybe they should be referred to as non-standard?

I don't know, I have no real argument for or against the parti, in particular, but did want to let you know that you weren't alone in your passion in sustaining the historical confirmation of the breed
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!