Thread: Internet scams
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
wigglewomyn
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiesyrky View Post
I really don't know how one can be 100% sure of a real breeder.
You could always go the the Yorkie Club (YTCA I think) web site for approved breeders, ask on YT about a specific breeder, ask here for a breeder who has pups, or for any good references. Also abide by the tips on the posted scam page.
The main thing is paying money up front to an unknown person. It is so much better if you get an approved breeder that you can visit and inspect the situation, and see the pups and their parents.
Good Luck:-)
I haven't been able to find any breeders around where I live. Both breeders I have been speaking with I found via their FB pages. Obviously I won't be able to go visit with them before I pick up the puppy. I will check out the YTCA website for approved breeders.

Every breeder I have spoken to, you have to give them a deposit to hold the puppy. I haven't found one yet where they would let you pay them when you pick up the puppy.

Since I am going to wait a year or two, I have some time to look some more. If anyone on here knows of any breeders around Syracuse NY, I would be happy if you would let me know.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!