View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
realnurse52
Yorkie Talker

Embarassed Yorke Girl in Heat

We got our little girl in early Feb., and it was obvious she had just weaned a litter. We got her from a lady who rescued her from a backyard breeder, so we don't know a lot about her. It was thought she might be 2 yrs old, but her teeth look like a 4 yr old. Needless to say she has been making a lot of changes since she came to her new home. It has been awesome to watch her bloom into a dog. So, we were surprised when she came into heat last week. We opted to get her teeth fixed first, as there was already some bone loss behind three front teeth, probably from drinking from a hamster bottle. So, a week later she has vaginal bleeding etc. We made it through that stage, lots of love and encouragement for her. Now, she is receptive. REALLY receptive. I have seen females go through heat before, but never ever have I seen such animation. lol, it is funny, but also annoying. She was never docked, so her tail will spin in the air and curl tightly around her waste, then switch and switch and curl tightly on her side. Plus, she is always trying to get us to pet that area directly, so you really have to watch when you pet her. lol I understand this phase can last for several days, Lord help us. We are keeping her indoors until it is all over.
If anyone has any ideas of how to make this time pass more calmly I would love to hear them. We have her scheduled in for a spay in 4 weeks. The vet felt she would be all over the heat by then. Is there any homeopathic recipe that could calm this girl a bit? In the mean time I am putting off friends who what to drop by, as we live in a boat, and there is no place to shut her away. Thank you,
realnurse52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!