View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #45
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
I disagree. Finding a breeder I am willing to $$$ support is not a problem. Finding a breeder I am willing to support that has a puppy at the tine I am looking for one, can be a bit more tricky. But, it's just a matter of expanding your search. In three hours i can be on the other side of the state by car. In three hours by plane, I can be on the other side of the country. I'm willing to travel to get what I want.

How you bring a pet store into the mix is beyond me...I don't follow your thinking. $$$ is power I wont buy anything at a store that sells pets, because I won't hand over a penny of my money to support such a place. I'm not one of those imbeciles that claims they dont support puppy mills but buy harnesses, toys, food and such.at a store that sells pets

Unfortunately, pets ARE property. i don't agree with it, but legally, they are. In my world you'd have to legally adopt a pet into your family just like you do a child, and be responsible for them for life. And just like with kids, if you chose to walk away and abandon your responsibilities, there are financial support consequences. You'd be obligated to support that pet for its life, your wages would be garnished, liens put on your property, and your tax refund taken. Maybe then, people would seriously stop and think before adding a pet to their family unit, instead of doing so with little thought. Maybe then people would view their pet as a living, thinking, feeling sentient being, not property to be disposed of on a whim.
No, they wouldn't ...just look at the news and see how many children are so horrible abused and neglected in this world. People look at them as property as well. Saying a pet is property is just a lousy excuse...I know plenty of people who take better care of their pups than many do their children.

And, as to Taylor's comment about finding a reputable breeder to be difficult, it is. Walk in my shoes for a few years and then report back to me how you feel about breeding. I used to think differently than I do now...my experiences in rescue have opened my eyes and what I see is utterly disgusting.

Last edited by ladyjane; 04-15-2015 at 07:46 PM.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!