View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 10:50 PM   #4
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
killing animals for fun has always been very disturbing to me. For the life of me I can't figure out how destroying a beautiful creature can be enjoyable. I used to watch TV's Jane Velez Mitchell program on HLN and she used to show clips at the end of her show of human cruelty to cows, pigs, chickens, you name it, animals raised for slaughter. It was just sickening. I would stop eating pork, beef, chicken or whatever for a time after that but then always went back to eating it. I don't understand why I feel the need to consume meat but I do feel guilty about it and wish I could stop. I eat mostly chicken in my diet but still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthAngel View Post
Misty, I totally agree with all you wrote.

Hi both,

Thank you for responding to my tantrum..ha x

For the record, I would never judge someone for eating meat. As I said previously, there are various theories which support our drive to consume meat and it takes a lot of knowledge, willpower, etc to overcome meat consumption and who knows if that is what we should be doing, anyway?

I just thought that the 'trophy kills', as they were called, was appalling. The Ohio woman's hubby said he'd kill anything to extinction, including rhinos and elephants, to have their heads on his wall. The only thing stopping him was the money. Sadly, he could have killed rhinos but he didn't have the required $50,000/animal.

I think if they were hunting and eating, I wouldn't have gotten so aggravated. It was the 'thrill of the kill' which disturbed me most, I guess. I have always viewed all life as sacred and can't seem to understand a contrary mindset from people in a supposedly civilized part of the world.

I'm over it today, though, I think? I can't change the world but I don't have to contribute to things I disagree with, right?

Thanks, again, both xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!