View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #25
joannhi
Yorkie Yakker

Default I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
I do not allow my males to hump people, or other dogs. Yes it is a natural instinct but, I don't allow them to chew the sofa or chase the bike rider either. Sorry my house my rules. Both males and females (even spayed/ neutered dogs) may hump to display that they are the top dog. That is why we don't allow it. We are a multi dog family, and the people are the PLPs (Provider, Leader, and Protector). My Young male knows humping the other dogs is a NO NO, so he takes a stuffed sock monkey into his crate and humps it. We ignore that, after all we taught him his crate belongs to him,and is his private safe place. (we feed, and give kong treats in crates)

I never yell or scold. I'm into positive reinforcement but was told this is the one time I should if I didn't want him doing it. I don't find it cute especially with my Granddaughter. I let Buster who was four months at the time have the toy he usually humps and yelled NO once. He's never done it again and neither have I for anything. I think he knew I meant it.
joannhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!