View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #11
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

I would get her spayed ASAP. The only reason to breed even if you plan to keep all the pups is to better the breed. When breeding it is very important that you know the lines many many many generations back because there could be serious health issue that could run in the genes and cause your pups to be born with some serious issues that might not show up until 2 years of age or older that could cause you a lot of heartbreak and cost you a massive amount of money. Dogs don't have the need to be mothers like a lot of human women. Your female could also not accept the pups and that means every thing falls on you feeding them at least every two hours, cleaning them, stimulating them to go potty, keeping them warm and so on. You didn't say how big your female was but if she is under 5 pounds it becomes more then just the regular dangers of loosing her. A female under 5 pounds should never be breed because it is extremly dangerous. Giving birth whether human or dog is very painful so is that something you really want to put her through? I also would not delay spaying any longer because every heat she goes through her risk for mammary cancer rises and rises. Her risk for poymentra also rises and that can be a death sentence even if you get the emergency surgery.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!