View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 08:47 AM   #7
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

I have had a few dogs that pee'd when they got excited. Every time I came in the house, or every time a man looked at them. I don't know about the picking them up, but here is what I am thinking.

Do you talk to him before you pick him up? I think I would say something to him and then pick him up. How do you pick him up? I have a 9 year old Yorkie who I have only had about 3 months and when I first got him he would squirm whenever I would pick him up and act like he was scared (I don't know if he was dropped at his old home) but he got comfortable with me so he doesn't do that now. I put my hand under his chest and lift and pull him against my body as soon as I get him up. I am so used to picking him up I can grab him quickly and have him up against my body in no time at all and he just settles right against me. Maybe he doesn't like the way you lift him. Maybe you startle him?

I would try saying the same phrase right before you pick him up each time to give him a warning that you are going to pick him up. I would also try picking him up differently and see if that helps.

I don't know if things will change when he gets neutered or not.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!