View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #14
ironmike86
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
like others have said about 9 months to a year, it's one of the reasons I don't get a puppy until they are about 4 months of age, because it is so hard to tell until at least that time what their adult weight will be, and even then you can not be 100% sure. You cannot go by just the parents size, it goes back more generations than that. Two people I know in one of my yorkie groups mated their pups, the male is a tiny parti extremely cute and just about 4 lbs the girl just about 5 lbs. The litter of 5 is all over the place in weight two of the males at 4 months old are 8 & 10 lbs one of the girls is about 6 and another one of the girls is not quite 3 lbs. Now the gal with the mom dog is pissed because she has since found out that the male dog she mated her female with is known to "throw" big puppies even though he is tiny and so were his litter mates. I was curious so I checked with someone I knew that bought two pups that came from the male and sure enough at age two the male is almost 9 lbs and the female 5 lbs . But some people like the bigger ones, the gal that has the two pups said I prefer my male's size, my female just seems so tiny and delicate. So it shows you different people like different size yorkies.
When ppl breed they can easily research back to the size of the dogs in the line. As well as there health. Which they are suppose to. The health anyways. But then is still doesn't matter a large or tiny can still pop out even if all the rest had an average size.

Last edited by ironmike86; 04-11-2015 at 03:41 PM.
ironmike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!