View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 12:15 AM   #1
Shiloh Zayne
Yorkie Yakker

Default Lorelei is limping but vet said to just wait?!

My little Lorelei, who is 3 years old and about 3 - 3.5lbs, attempted to jump up on the couch this evening and didn't quite make it. (Why she didn't use her puppy stairs is beyond me!? lol Stubborn little babies think they can do anything they want I guess.) So she fell like maybe 6 inches or so to the ground. She didn't yelp or seem to be in any pain but I noticed that when she was walking on my hardwood floor she was limping a little bit on one of her hind legs, but when she walks in the rooms with carpet or on the couch she puts full weight on it. I checked all her joints and she has full range of motion in all of them, no cracked toenails, nothing between her toes or pads and no scratches or bruises on her pads at all. In fact she doesn't act like she is in pain at all except when she walks on hard surfaces. I did notice a slight bruise on one of her toes. Of course being an over protective furbaby Momma I called my vet ASAP. He said that since she is putting some weight on it that it most likely isn't broken and to just keep her quiet and off her foot as much as possible and if it isn't better by Monday to bring her in. But I am worried sick, should I take her to an ER Vet? Can I do anything to make her feel better in the mean time? Would an ice pack help, or maybe wrapping it lightly?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!