View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #4
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

They don't stop growing in length and height until about 8 months to a year. My Uni didn't fill out until about 2 years. So she was a lanky "teenager" until after 2 where she filling in to about 5.5 lbs. She's 8 now and has gained some weight now she's probably almost 7 lbs but she's tall.

Your pups will most likely put on a few more. Duncan I think may reach 12 lbs, but anything over 7 lbs (which is the standard) is larger than standard. That's still tiny to me! But I think we lovingly use the term teapot for pups over 10 or 12 lbs. It's not a hard rule bc it's just a fun term. Eliott sounds like she might be her parents' size or maybe a pound or two more.

Did you see both their parents? I ask this bc when I was shown a pic of Uni's mom, it totally wasn't her mom, just a random picture (now I've come to realize) bc Uni is from a broker If you bought your pups from a website or from a random person with an ad and the parents' weren't there, it could have been not the truth they told you.

Either way, don't feed less. They are predisposed to be the size they are supposed to be. If you underfeed you will just make them weak and malnourished. Plus with holding food is cruel. You will love them no matter what their size I'm sure!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!