View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 05:11 AM   #106
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
It may be blind loyalty, but I don't discount a lifetime of many positive accomplishments in her career based upon some things I've read on this thread that raise questions about the validity of the test. In spite of that, I still might consider the test if I read a little more positive things about it. In a time before Atopica or Apoquel, I was left with allergy serums and steroids which didn't help my little girl enough to my liking. I tried food elimination trials, but I failed to restrict her diet enough. I know I'm at fault for that. I even tried Chinese herbs, which I know aren't highly regarded here. My vet didn't advise blood testing for food allergies, so I did what I could to help Kiwi have a good quality of life. As long as we are not withholding necessary medical care, I believe each of us has the right to explore options for our pups, even if they are alternative ones. My first line of medical care has always been from conventional means, but I have tried alternative means when my vet has suggested them. Never for a second have I thought he has advised anything to benefit his practice, nor have I ever complained about the cost of treatment.
I agree...I do think there are lots of adjunct holistic / alternative methods of care that can do wonders.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!