Thread: Tantrums
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #10
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiLuv View Post
My Molli does this too. If she doesn't get to go where she wants on a walk she lays flat and refuses to move. The other day she wanted to cross the street to say hi to another dog, I said no and she laid down and would not get up, I had to carry her back inside! Terrier was derived from terror I think
And maybe terrorist was derived from it, too. I call Tibbe a terrierist.

At age 4-ish, he once so embarrassed me at the vet whining and screaming and scratching to get out of his carrier to a little Maltese whose mommy sat down next to us. I could not get him to listen to me at all so I took him out of his carrier, when he than began to bark and whine and lunge toward the little dog. He was out of control! I got him out front alone and just stood there and held him up in front of me, eye to eye and just stared at him for a while - NOT smiling. He finally looked away. I put him down and got him to "Watch me" for a while, which re-focused him on me, as I held up what I pretended was food I'd taken out of my mouth and still, when we went back inside and sat down, he whined from time to time in pure agony he wanted that dog so bad. It wasn't until they took the little white dog in that he finally let it go.

I chalked it up to his feeling bum at the time and being on Cerenia and he wasn't as well-trained as he is now but that's the only time he's just gone totally bonkers other than when I first got him and he was so totally wild.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!