Thread: Barking
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #1
LisaMcG
Yorkie Yakker

Default Barking

Poppy is a great little pup she really is! Not a bit of hassle.

However she really goes at it barking at the dog next door!!! We have two yorkies on one side, she plays with them regularly in their house and in our own. She doesn't bark etc at them.

On the other side we have a female lab, she is about 4/5 years old. The lab is a big quiet dog, barely makes a sound and doesn't bat an eyelid at Poppy. She on the other hand barks the place down at it!! She runs out the door straight to the fence and barks barks barks if they either have their door open on the dog is out.

She is quite barky in terms of if she can see out the window she barks at anyone going past likewise when out the back door. However when told NO she stops but with this dog next door NO doesn't work, I cant even grab her and discipline her by bringing her in or anything because she runs when I come out.

They obviously have a dog and it was a yappy wee thing when they first got it but I feel they have forgotten what a puppy is like and are getting a bit annoyed at Poppy.

Do you think it will ease off once she is used to her? Gets to know her?

She is so scared of other dogs I don't know whether to just take her round to meet the Lab.
LisaMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!