View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #11
MauiGirl
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
My Armani and Pippi are littermates and have slept together all their lives. They will be 9 in July. They are very bonded, but can be separated for things that must be done such as vet visits and even short shopping trips.

As for dogs grieving the death of a littermate, I have had them grieve pack members that were not litter mates.

I have read stories about the cons of littermates, but I totally love the bond my two share....very sweet. I cannot sit and worry about what might happen one day. They are both well adjusted, happy pups and I am happy they are together.
I totally agree. My Kayla and Karlee are littermates and have been together for almost 6 years. It has been pure joy seeing the bond they have, yet they have very different personalities, and they get along well with Tiki and other people's dogs just fine. Seeing how all 3 dealt with our loss of Meika last year, I am no longer so worried about if or when another one passes. They all adjusted, and in many ways their personalities shifted, and all 3 became closer.

I would let them sleep together, and just enjoy their closeness.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!