View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
MaggieMaysMommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default upset, aggression towards kids

I have had Maggie May for 8 months. Such a short time but I feel like its been forever. She was a mill rescue, and has come a long way. Never aggressive, always sweet, timid, and just a love bug. This Easter, we traveled to visit my husbands family. We were all staying in the same house...maggie may is used to a quiet environment with just my husband and I around her (we both work from home). Over the holiday my inlaws house was busy, loud, and probably very overwhelming for her., but she if family with the house and peoope. But I am SO UPSET. She got vicious with a scary snarling bark, and attempts to bite...jumping at my nephews, ages 1 and 6 the kids cried, I had to whisk her into the other room...I was devastated. The kids are now terrified of my fur baby. And I have been holding my her on a leash, on my lap, for DAYS while visiting. She has been around kids before and was actually very gentle. These same kids infact, just months ago at xmas, in the same house. What happened in the interim to make her so aggressive? Anyone else have this issue. This is game changer...she always travels with us, I have never boarded her but I really can't risk my nephews getting hurt

Last edited by MaggieMaysMommy; 04-07-2015 at 09:00 PM.
MaggieMaysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!