View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I had a pack of 3, all 3 years apart, when the older one past away there was no reaction with the 2 remaining ones, 6 months later the 2nd older one passed away, the youngest was now alone, she got very depressed, she was pining the loss of her older sister, I gave her 6 months to adjust to it being just me and her, it didn't work, she was not the dog she was before losing the older one. I got a new puppy, not knowing how my 6 y/o was going to behave at now being the momma,when she was always treated as the baby by her 2 older sisters. After the shock of baby jaws entering our lives and at the age of 8 weeks old was almost as big as my 12 lb 6 y/o, the older one bonded with in a few weeks after the puppy was home. My 6 y/o was madly in love with the puppy. As the years went by I would call them roadway, because where ever the young one was, the older one was right behind her. The point I am trying to bring out is, it does not matter if they sleep together or in their own beds, if one dies, the other will greatly miss their loss. I would let them sleep together as long as they don't fight and hurt each other. The last 2 I had, when the older one passed away my younger one was now 9 y/o and mourned the loss of her older sister. My work kept me out of the house 15 hours a day, there was no way could I get a play mate for my girl. It took her 8 months to get back to being her ole lil self. This is my experience with having multiple pets and one dies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!