View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 05:30 AM   #4
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSunni View Post
It seems like it was the neighbors fault though, in all fairness to the pup. You had her tethered on your property and he approached her. I'm not saying its ok that she bit him, but he invaded her safe space, and if you weren't there to make her feel safe, she may have felt scared.

I agree! Unless your bf told your neighbor it was ok for him to pet Toby, I don't see how it's his fault. Your neighbor should have asked permission before approaching. From now on until you figure out why Toby bit, I wouldn't let people pet him unless they live in your household or he interacts with them frequently. Even with the latter, I'd have Toby approach them first so he can be petted. Some dogs just don't like to be petted by anyone, but their owners *shrug*. My yorkie, Rasta, doesn't like anyone petting him but my husband and myself. It's just his personality, he has bit people when they invade his space after he's given them a warning growl. It's my responsibility to either remove him to another room or tell people not to touch him.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!