View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 03:21 AM   #14
MissSunni
YT Addict

I personally use oikos greek, because it has a higher level of probiotics. I have my Yorkie on the Royal Canin for Yorkie puppy and my Shih Tzu on the RC for Shih Tzu. Mine love it too and no it doesn't have a bad smell. My vet is the one who suggested the yogurt to me, but I am not a vet. Maybe you should give yours a call to make sure they think its worth a try. I was traumatized by the puppy having worms, lol. I've really never gotten a puppy that was so young before. She was only 9 weeks when I got her. I've always either rescued older dogs or gotten puppies from breeders, where they had been totally weaned, had all appropriate shots and had been dewormed. So this is the first time I ever dealt with worms in a dog. The stools were foul and her breath was horrible…Once the worming treatments were completed, the back end was so much better, but my vet told me to give her a tsp of sweet potato or pumpkin baby food with her food to help her stools firm up. That worked….then she suggested the yogurt and it has worked for my puppy. She doesn't eat anything but dog food, or dog food I prepare from recipes I've gotten here, which they love. No people snacks because I don't want her getting a taste for sugar, which is in almost everything, lol. This is only my personal opinion, for what thats worth, lol..I hope you can figure out a solution.
MissSunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!