View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
MissSunni
YT Addict

Sad

I currently have a dog, a Shih Tzu Harry who is 10 yrs old with an aggressive cancer that has spread. This is extremely hard to talk about with anyone..because I'm sick inside. The vet said the treatment is unlikely at this stage to cure him, or put him in remission as its spread quickly. I've opted to give him palliative care at home. I feed him table food now, I basically just let him enjoy whatever brief time he has. He's not in pain at the moment..he's on medication but not pain meds yet. When I had to let his brother George go in Nov for a different thing, I was heartbroken, probably even more so because during that time I was told about Harry's cancer….I read something that stuck out in my head, and made me cry….someone wrote that they had to let their dog go and let her/him have a bowl of ice cream before it happened. More then anything I wish I gave George a bowl of ice cream, but I didn't. When I feel like the time is close with little Harry, I will give him a big old steak dinner with chocolate ice cream for dessert and if he's up for it one last walk to his favorite spot. It really is a horrible thing to live with. I know thats why I've gotten so insanely attached to Sunni….If Harry doesn't survive the year, that means I have lost 3 Shih Tzus in 3 yrs. Maggie at 15, George at 13..I thought he was 14, but my kids corrected me, and now Harry. A lot of people in my life questioned how I could get Sunni so soon after George. I've always had 3 pets…having 2 felt weird…then one who was sick. I needed Sunni more then she needed me I think…It only goes to show that my dogs have shared so much love with me, complete pure love, that of course I would want to bring more into my life..its because of the dogs I have had in my life, that I know my life is better with them then without. I know I'm babbling and I'm sorry, but I just got sad thinking of all of the ones I've lost. I do predict there will be another Yorkie in my future…I would like to find another rescue when the time comes..hopefully not too soon.
MissSunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!