View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
seastheday
Senior Yorkie Talker

My Yorkie Barkley was diagnosed with a mast cell tumor on his chest when he was six. We did the surgery, it was stage 2. I had a choice of doing nothing or radiation. The vet said that they removed several millimeters around the tumor that came back clean. She advised us to do nothing and we followed her advise. He did fine for another 6 years. Two years ago at the age of 12 he was diagnosed with a very aggressive stomach tumor. I wanted to try everything including acupuncture alternative medicines. Again our vet advised us to let him live out his time without the pain and discomfort of radiation and other treatments. He lived for 9 weeks after the diagnosis. To say we were devastated is an understatement. Until the day he died, he was alert and frisky. My heart is still broken, but I know that we didn't put him through any treatments that would have been more for us than for him. The vet said that he lived to the age of 12 with a wonderful quality of life for all of those years. I hope your little girl continues to do well. I know that she will be fine with your wonderful care.
seastheday is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!