View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #8
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

It makes me very sad that we can't do more to protect our little ones without such dangerous implications of such a law. I would do anything in my power to protect my little girl, and her worth to us is priceless. But laws where dogs can be seized without proof of cruelty are too dangerous. I usually analyze things to death, yet I was easily tricked by this law.

I will never forget the story of Leo, a ten year old Bichon who was taken from his mom's arms and thrown into traffic because of a case of road rage. It drew a great deal of attention and the ire of animal lovers everywhere. The man was sentenced to three years in prison, the maximum for animal cruelty in California, but they were recommending probation for him. I wonder what would have happened if this story wasn't as highly publicized. Like most animal lovers, the story of Leo broke my heart. His life mattered, and i wonder how we can protect these innocent animals without dangerous implications.
Road Rage Dog Killer Found Guilty - CBS News

Road-rage dog tosser sentenced to 3 years / Judge throws book at Leo's killer - SFGate

CNN.com - Man gets 3 years for throwing dog in traffic - July 13, 2001

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!