View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #6
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I think you are right because I was thinking more of recognizing that our dogs are more than property to us, particularly in times where an animal is harmed. I didn't think about the danger to the laws, and that's something I have worried about in the past. I've read a lot of what Temple Granden has said about animals being sentient beings, but like all things, I realize it's best to examine all sides of an argument before I draw a conclusion. Thank you for pointing out what lawslike this can lead to. I definitely do not support animal control just coming in and seizing animals without any due process.
Fairfield Beach Access
Do you see how easily you were almost tricked into supporting this dangerous thing? Smart people all over the place are falling for it. If you look closely, you'll see that giving animals their own rights means giving up your own rights to decide what's best for your pets. If someone thinks you're not treating your pet properly, as per some as yet to be determined standard that will be made up as we go along, the "authorities" will name "guardians" to make decisions for you. It really will be a very ugly mess. I wish HSUS, PETA, ASCPA, and their international counterparts would back off a bit and put some resources into massive educational campaigns to inform people about how to properly treat animals, maybe even spend some of their vast fortunes providing financial assistance to a well intentioned poor people who need help providing for a pet. I could go on forever...

Last edited by magicgenie; 04-04-2015 at 02:18 PM.
magicgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!