View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 03:37 AM   #3
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Welcome to YT. A picture is just that, a picture, sometimes hard to tell. Puppy looks like a yorkie, just off standard, looks like she has long legs, but that could be because she is sitting, gives the appearance she has longer legs, not a big deal, My last little girl had very long legs and she was big, 17 lbs as an adult, and so does my adopted boy, that does not mean they are not 100 % yorkie. The hair, doesn't determine the breed, some puppies are fluffier then others. This person who sold you the puppy with no papers sounds like a back yard breeder (BYB). Were you able to see the puppy's parents, if so what did they look like. The ony way to tell if she is full breed or mix is to do a DNA on her. We have some members that have more knowledge on this then I do. The gal at the vet, her hair comment may be because the yorkies she has seen had long flowing hair, this is just a baby, her hair is short, but it will grow. If your vet said the pup looked yorkie to her, I would go with what the vet thinks. As the puppy grows, the hair changes. You will love this little girl regardless.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!