Thread: Adult Food
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 07:58 AM   #7
Lhamilton
Yorkie Yakker

Hi,

We've decided to try the Wellness brand (I notice we can also order it via Amazon which could be rather useful).

I know that we'll have to start slowly -- a spoonful of the new food with each meal and then a bit more etc. until finally it replaces the original food. And I gather that we'll have to do that with each flavour of food (We decided to start with Turkey and Sweet Potato).

A couple of additional questions --

What do other people do about food flavours? Should I just stick with the Turkey/Sweet Potato if it's OK or should I get Monty used to other flavours as well? (Whitefish and Sweet Potato sounded interesting and so did the Lamb varieties).

And what should I do about amount of food now that he's on adult food? He's a bit overweight -- 8.6 pounds and is starting to look a bit portly. I suspect he should be around 7 pounds. I can feel that there are rolls of fat around his neck when I brush him. He loves his food though and gobbles it all up. I've thought perhaps that the problem was that the puppy food he's getting might be too nutritious for him now plus it's been too cold to walk him for several months. So -- how much of a 12.5 oz can would it be normal to feed him each day? (The instructions are a bit vague (talking about "up-to-15-pound dogs....).

Thanks.

Linda
Lhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!