View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 11:12 AM   #32
wigglewomyn
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
I shudder reading this, I know we have a few around here, we live on a lake and have a lot of wildlife. We also have tons of oak trees and our squirrel population is huge, everyday there are several sitting on our front lawn feasting and making a mess with the acorns. I always wonder if we had a lot of hawks would they be picking off the squirrels first. I wonder what a squirrel even weighs.

I don't know if we have hawks here but I do know we have lots of crows and bald eagles. Elliot is 4.5 lbs and Duncan is 8 lbs. I just order a gate to go across my driveway so the whole yard would be enclosed and I could put them out in the yard without being on leashes but after reading these posts, I wonder if I should even spend the money.

Does anyone know if crows carry off little animals? We have a lot of squirrels around the yards and I have never seen one carried off by the eagles.

I am really worried now about putting them outside without me being right there with them. They love being outside though to run and play in the yard even to the extent of telling me they have to go out when they don't just so they can play. Duncan really loves zooming around the yard.
wigglewomyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!