View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
wigglewomyn
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein1 View Post
Took Wolfie to the vet on March 27, his 6mo. birthday. He is 9.2 lbs. A big boy. He became a eunuch that day. Its driving me crazy. I cannot get him to take it easy. He is jumping higher, further from the ottoman to my chair (I moved it to try and keep him from jumping so much). And he's zooming around like there's no tomorrow. I keep checking him and his sutures. He seems to be just fine. I guess if he hurts himself I will be able to tell. He also seems to be healing pretty fast. The nurse said to keep the collar on for 7 days. but it looks like it could come off with no problem. The only thing is, if I take it off, I could probably never get it back on him.

Any one with similar experience. What did you do?
I had Duncan neutered two months ago, when he was four months old. He had dissolvable stitches. The vet didn't send him home with a collar or even suggested putting one on him. He just told me to TRY to keep him as quiet as possible (with a yorkie is that possible?) The first night and the second day he was pretty quiet, but after that, it was back to normal. I did my best to keep him from jumping off the sofa and zooming around the dining room table. Duncan didn't try to bother his stitches at all.

I would think if Wolfie had his surgery 5 days ago that his stitches should be pretty well healed on the outside. Are you able to look at them and tell if they are dissolving or if they are healing?
wigglewomyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!