View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 09:00 AM   #2
MissSunni
YT Addict

Hi. I literally just went thru this, but with a younger puppy and it was medically necessary. The Vet told me we had to keep the collar on her for 10 -14 days!! I questioned it at the office when I picked her up and they said…yes those are specific discharge instructions for Sunni. She's a very active puppy and after the first day it was super hard to keep her quiet. I had gotten one of those blow up donuts which was better for her then the cone, which blocks their vision. But she did chew on it and kept deflating it..but, it was still enough of a barrier to keep her from licking her stitches. She had 7 stitches for her surgery, so I thought maybe thats why it was longer. I had mentioned it on the forum here and people suggested taking it off while she was quiet and sitting with me..so I did. Really by the 5th day, the wound was completely healed and the stitches dissolved, so the issue wasn't really her licking or biting the area, but her jumping and playing. So, I ended taking it off after a week, lol. I did hear (see) some other great ideas on here. The best one which I will use if its ever necessary again is to get a onsie and put it on backwards, and leave the middle snaps open. I'm not sure how that works but I'd try it for sure. Good luck! Hope your baby heals quickly.
MissSunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!