View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 05:49 PM   #30
Potter
YT 2000 Club Member

I am in Canada and we do have hawks here or at least in my area. We are near to quite a few reserve areas so that might explain why. I am just not sure which kind they are. Last fall, one swooped down very near to Pao (8-9 lbs back then) when we were out on a walk just 2 houses down from mine. Luckily he was on a leash and the houses were situated quite close so I think the hawk doesn't have enough space to swoop all the way down and fly up? Pao was also in a poofy jacket so he might have looked bigger as well?-I don't know but it was a close call. They are so quick that you don't even realize it until you see them!

When I walk him at a school compound near my house, there was also a hawk that will circle us and will gradually circle closer and closer and I usually end up carrying my boy. Not worth risking it. And when I walk him I have to look upwards, scan all over for other dogs, scan the ground for other dog's poop and bunny poop.....ahhhh.....it is a lot.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!