View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #8
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiediva716 View Post
I got her yesterday and her vet appointment is Thursday the earliest I could find. She has her first set of shots (I have the documents). So I'm just waiting on her vet appointment
Good you have vet appointment, keep her inside, away from all animals until then. If you have a carrying crate take her to vet in it, keep her in the crate until you get in the exam room. If you have no crate, keep the puppy on your lap, DO NOT put her on the floor of the vets waiting room. DO NOT let other dogs approach her to sniff her. When you see vet on Thursday ask when puppy can be taken out and be around other animals, your vet will give you these answers. Just a tip, any questions you want to ask the vet, write them down, make a list and take with you. With all the excitement of a vet visit we tend to forget questions we want / need to ask.
Take a fresh stool sample with you, place it in tin foil, fold edges, then place the tin foil in a plastic utility bag, I usually then put it in a plastic container and put it in my purse.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!