View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #14
oneofakind864
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
Why is it taking so long to get a vet appointment? Pebbles was not feeling well last week and I called Monday morning. She was seem within 25 MINUTES of my call! You need to find a new vet if they cannot fit you in for weeks!

You need a new vet. If you tell a vet that your dog is shaking (which can be a sign of pain) and they tell you they can't see you for weeks... then that vet has WAY too many doggie patients. Do them and your baby a favor. Cut down on his patient overload and find one who has time to "Care" about your dog possibly being in pain. The one you currently have obviously doesn't care at all.

My vet can and is usually slammed- but when Chanel had her stroke (which started as tremors) He said bring her NOW. We were there in 10 minutes and she was in full out stroke when we got there. He made time for us like this more than once. He would also call and check on her if she had something done ( like when she needed an transfusion because of anemia due to the low protein diet she was on for he kidneys) But either way.. you need a vet who will be there when you and your dog need him or her.

By the way excessive water drinking can be a sign of kidney problems or diabetes. Don't forget to mention that to your vet.

I can't imagine the rage I would feel if I thought my dog was in pain or could possibly have an emergency situation and some danged vet told me "I'll get to them in 2 weeks" Grrrrrrr!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!