View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 12:14 PM   #7
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
I had an incident with ZoE where she got stung at the dog park, and i flew around the corner to Meijer to buy Benadryl at their pharmacy dept.
Since then, I have a first aid kit.

In ZoE's first aid kit I have:

antiseptic spray
triple antiboitic ointment
hydrocortisone cream
saline solution
gauze rolls
gauze pads
medical tape
tweezers
scissors
gloves
snap cold packs
petclot pack
hydrogen peroxide
vaseline
tourniquet
thermometer
eyedropper
syringe
popsicle sticks
craft sticks
towel/cloths
hockey laces
our vet info
emergency vet info
poison control #

doseage card of meds...like ZoE can have 1/2 of a baby asprin, 1/2 a 25mg benadryl tablet. I wrote it out & put a card in there. I was worried in that in a panic, I wouldn't remember each doseage correctly.
Any brand of the above is ok? from your list all I have is the poison controll # in my phone, have had that for yearssss, Petclot kit, where would I get that from.
My concern is if I am out of town, not near my vet, I take a lot of 3 hour one way day trips in the summer, I never know where I will end up, so having an emergency vet # doesn't help me. My vet is a 24/7 365 day a year clinic, local is never a problem. Cody is new to country living, he sticks that lil nose in crevices only an ant can get into. Last year I was right on top of him in my back yard, I have an area that is very rocky he was sniffing at a hole, just as I bent to look to see what he was sniffing something tiny popped out lol, it was so dang fast I couldn't tell what the heck it was, Cody jumped back lol, he is one curious little country boy . Forhim I may need that emergency kit. Thanks for all that information.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!