View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #13
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyJack View Post
Thanks everyone for the great advice. I already started looking at pet insurance but I think he's still too young for some websites to give me a quote. I put his date of birth and it told me to click a "valid" date. But I'm looking into it.

I know I'm not supposed to take him places until he's had all his shots. What about that first vet visit? Don't want him to get sick.

Also, Ive been reading about Nutrical and I can't seem to find one difinative answer on what to do. On hand for emergencies only? A little bit with breakfast? I read about that possibly giving diabetes. Colby (yes already picked a name) will never be alone. Either myself or a family member will always be at hand.

I guess maybe I'm just over thinking this just a bit. I've "helped" raise a few puppies but Colby will be the first one that is solely mine.

Thanks again for the advice.
These kinds are questions are best answered by your vet, a medical professional, than the varied personal opinions of a forum.

Take your puppy for a full physical exam by his vet right away. That appt does not automatically mean shots will be done at that time. I got my ZoE very young. Her first vet visit was a full examination to determine her health and to gather valuable information about caring for a young puppy, as it had been about 14 years since I'd had a puppy.

Don't let your puppy walk into the vet's office or walk on the floor there. Remember, a vet is just like a doctor's office in that many people go as they are sick, and could be infectious. ZoE's vet recommends that all youngones be brought in, in carriers and remain in their carrier until they are in the examining room.

Congrats on your puppy! Love the name Colby!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!