View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 09:23 AM   #10
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs View Post
We picked up Addie and Raider at 8 weeks and so far so good. Breeder was good about socializing the puppies and had already started them on dry food. They eat good, are gaining weight and seem very laid back. They both had ear mites and Raider is a little difficult to medicate. I think they are both free of mites because they have quit scratching their ears. They got their first shots at 7 weeks and we go to the vet on April 7 for the next shots. We in no way regret picking up the puppies at 8 weeks. If they would only quit eating their poop. They seem to be getting better about it.

We have started working on some training. They are getting pretty good at "come" and "sit". Not too excited about the harness and leash yet, but we're working on it.

We are using the Potty Training Puppy Apartment, so we are able to sleep all night. They whine a couple of times during the night, but go back to sleep. Currently, they are sharing a bed in one of the PTPA's. We've heard pros and cons about that, but we'll see.

Good luck.
The Yorkshire Terrier Club of America has put a lot of research into it and has found 12 weeks or even later is best for yorkie puppies for many reasons and reputable breeders follow there rules. There are definitely a lot of risks when not going with a reputable breeder but hopefully you will get lucky. With two at least they can helped each other learn. When a pup comes from the breeder with ear mites it means they were living in unsanitary conditions. I hope you continue to be lucky.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!