View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 07:01 AM   #8
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyJack View Post
Thanks everyone for the great advice. I already started looking at pet insurance but I think he's still too young for some websites to give me a quote. I put his date of birth and it told me to click a "valid" date. But I'm looking into it.

I know I'm not supposed to take him places until he's had all his shots. What about that first vet visit? Don't want him to get sick.

Also, Ive been reading about Nutrical and I can't seem to find one difinative answer on what to do. On hand for emergencies only? A little bit with breakfast? I read about that possibly giving diabetes. Colby (yes already picked a name) will never be alone. Either myself or a family member will always be at hand.

I guess maybe I'm just over thinking this just a bit. I've "helped" raise a few puppies but Colby will be the first one that is solely mine.

Thanks again for the advice.
Hi and WELCOME to YT . Sounds like you are already in love w/ your little one.

You can def take him to the vet - just keep him on your lap rather than allowing full access to the floors etcetera.

As for Nutrical, giving it *cannot* cause diabetes, not in any way whatsoever...that's not how diabetes is caused. It's okay to give some prophylactically during the transition time. When mine were pups, I liked to give some right away in the morning when they woke up and then before they went to bed too. And it'd be okay to give a bit btwn meals too, if you're not free feeding. And then just taper it off over time. It's nice to have around for your "emergency kit" too - for if they ever get sick/dehydrated etcetera. Also always have benadryl on hand in case of bee sting or allergic reaction. I have a dog kit like many others do here...very handy.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!