View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 04:25 PM   #1
LilWaffles
Yorkie Yakker

Post Diarrhea & Vomit NERVOUS MOMMY!

Hi everyone! Looking for some feedback!

Last weekend Waffles my boy who is just under 6lbs and 2 years old, started to have increased volume in his stool and it was a little softer, However I didn't think much of it since, he was eating a little extra kibble on previous days.

I noticed it continued into the week, His stomach began to make noises after eating kibble, He started farting which he usually doesn't do and the stools stayed bulkier and soft, but I still didn't mind too much since he was 100% himself, playing, barking, eating and I related it back to increased kibble.

Then yesterday happened, his stool was bulky and stinky again,still stomach noises after eating, however this time there was a little extra spot on his pee pad of what i would consider small diarrhea, throughout the night it progressed somewhat and he had to go several times to do little thumb sized mucus poops. Meanwhile he remained himself eating, playing, barking.

This morning he had another mucus episode, i grew concerned and called the vet, one wouldn't see us without an appointment so i called the other vet which we visit also, and was told to hold back food for 12-24 hours, than introduce a bland diet.

I began to hold out food, but noticed throughout the day he started to vomit, white clear liquid, and it happened mainly when he drank water ALOT at once, and his stomach noises would come back. He became tired in the evening, but perked back up to himself(we didn't get much sleep last night) He is still farting, but no vomiting since earlier today. He's actually jumping up on my keys asking for attention as i type this, so he's very himself right now.

He is the type of dog who will vomit a little bile when he is hungry and when he drinks water too fast at once he will throw up sometimes. I am hoping that the vomiting was induced due to not eating for so long? It's been 10 hours but To say the least im nervous to reintroduce food tonight. He is still farting so i feel like perhaps his tummy hasn't settled quite enough!

He has been barking for his kibble at his usual times. He does seem interested. I have pumpkin puree, chicken, rice, and pedialyte on hand!

Is there anything I should do, or watch for? I would love ANY feedback or experience from a similar situation.

Sorry for such a long post! Just a nervous mommy!
LilWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!