Thread: 8 week old pup
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Lacy's Mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Anything with such a young puppy is cause for concern. If the bile was frothy yellow I would suspect it is just acid and not a cause for concern. This can be remedied by feeding earlier. Unlike humans, dogs create acid in their stomach in anticipation of eating and if food does not come quickly they must rid the stomach of the acid. Even if it was actual vomit and it was a one time episode and he is eating, drinking, not lethargic and his stools are solid I would just watch him closely.

Don't know what dog foods are available in Scotland, but Pedigree is probably not the best you can get. Look for a food with no corn, no wheat, no soy and no by-products and lists a named protein source like chicken or turkey as the first ingredient (meat is a generic term and could mean anything like euthanized animals). Also a dry food is better for their stools and teeth. As far as quantity I would go with the recommendations on the packaging and leave out a high quality dry food and hopefully, he will change over to that slowly on his own.
Lacy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!