View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 03:29 AM   #8
MissSunni
YT Addict

Im not sure if what I say will help very much. My puppy was really a nipper at first. She is also obsessed with socks, feet and definitely hands! I asked for help here and read up on it, and it is just puppy behavior. She still can't resist chasing feet, lol. I have really worked hard on the biting hands though. Like you said, even trying to give a treat would end up in a hand fest. Oh they do make soft treats..things like chicken…I think its freeze dried. But my puppy is teething so chewy toys are her faves. Anyway, the best way I finally managed to get her to leave my hands (and other peoples) alone, was saying a firm NO..I tried doing the welping cry, lol..she just tilted her head at me. So last but not least I thought ok..lets try to lessen the bite to take the fun out of it. So, I would say ow, then say EASY and leave my hand limp until she started to soften the bite and after a few days, she pretty much stopped. She still gets excited but will listen to a firm ouch/no now. The socks..well, thats a whole other story, lol…Still working on that. Oh yeah. Have tons of toys around for him, so when he wants to use you as a chew toy, you give him a toy and make a big deal about playing/chasing the toy. The good news is, they are easily distracted, even though they are smart!
MissSunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!