View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #8
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

She may be holding it all day because she is an adult. You will start to smell it if she is going on the carpet.

I honestly do not give my dogs full run of the house while I am out until they have earned it. Start with gating her in the kitchen area while you are gone and give her full run of the house when you are home. If you know she is not peeing/pooping in the kitchen for several days to a week then give her more space if you want to.

My dogs have free run of 3 rooms of my house while I am at home (I am a stay at home mom) and then my big dog I have had for over 3 years and he has earned being loose in those 3 rooms while I go out and run errands. I can trust him for about 3-4 hours. My Yorkie is very new to me. He is 9 years old and bathroom wise I think he would be okay. He doesn't really chew my stuff, however he has trash issues and I do not leave him loose for more than 20 minutes because I think he tries to tip over the covered trash can so he can eat the trash. This was a huge problem at his previous home from what I understand.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!