View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 07:13 AM   #4
LunarBerry
YT 500 Club Member

Ugh, that girl's comment doesn't even make any sense on any level. I'm wondering if that's what she was trained to say or she just came to that conclusion on her own. Granted, it is possible to "overdose" on certain vitamins because the body doesn't get rid of the excess and even in some health conditions, you can't take certain vitamins (too much or at all), but with things like vitamin C the body will just get rid of what's not needed. And it's not like you're giving your dogs straight-up vitamins anyways, it's all within smaller amounts compared to the rest of the ingredients. Saying that any vitamins cause cancer when used young is dumb because if it actually did, you know it would be big in the news/grapevine because of concerns for effect on humans in comparison or from other concerned pet owners. Most vets would even at least mention something like that sort of thing. I would get pretty irritated too when someone, especially an employee (and a really young one at that), just tells me something like that without any proof/studies to back it up (or at least make it sound plausible) or in some cases, it was actually so dumb there's just no way to believe it (and believe me I've heard many dumb things from marketing)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!