View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I'd let them work it out until he crosses a line or seems to be hurting or oppressing her. Then back him off by giving him a verbal command of your choosing, something like "Leave it", moving into his space and teach him to stay back by staying put in front of him, herding him back with both your outstretched hands until he gives it up and walks off. Takes patience and persistence. With a young puppy, they usually don't hurt each other but I'd not get used to yelling at him to try to stop his aggressive play and early dominance, which is okay if within reason, but use your body and physically engage with him to stop him, letting him know early on that you intend to intervene if he crosses a line you don't like with Addie.

Because one day, if no one stops little Raider, Addie may go ballistic on him and turn into and remain a shrew to try to keep him in line if she perceives you won't. Later, once he learns the command, he will stop pestering her when you just say "leave it" from across the room or shoot him a stern look, having learned if he doesn't, you'll get up and back him off yourself with your eyebrows all drawn together, not happy with him.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!