View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #1
rave264
Yorkie Yakker

Cool questions from a first time owner

After about two weeks of anticipating, I finally got my little baby, Luna.
After getting her, there are several things I'm concerned about. I was told that she is housebroken, and she hasn't had any accidents at home yet. But, since I gave her freedom of my home and I'm not home for about 8-9 hours, I put down a puppy pad in the kitchen. For the past 3 days, she has held her pee and poo until I got home. She never uses the pad....I'm not sure whether to be proud of her or concerned that she hasn't peed for 8 hours.
One thing I thought about, as I was typing this, was that I would have no idea if she peed on my carpet since it's a darker brown. If she has an accident, would she do it in a obvious place? I want to know if she has one or not....
Another question, how do eye boggies(sp?) look like? I've heard that yorkies usually have some, and I was inspecting her eyes today, and saw some thick gunk that has matted some hair near her eyes. Is this what it is?
I'm sorry for the long story, but I'm about to schedule a vet visit just for general checkup, but I still inspect her for any surprises.....
rave264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!